Being a digital nomad has its perks. Not only do you have the freedom to live and work anywhere in the world, but you also have the opportunity to dictate your working hours. So, if you feel like taking a trip to another country, you can usually take your work with you and still maintain your lifestyle. And maintaining your current lifestyle anywhere in the world includes digital nomad health insurance. That’s right. It’s better to be safe than sorry during unpredictable life circumstances.
Support your global ambitions with nomad health insurance for life’s unplanned emergencies. When you are a world traveler, it’s in your best interest, and those of your family, to maintain international health insurance that provides the peace of mind you need when living outside of your home country.
Travel insurance is temporary and only covers travel-related issues like misplaced luggage and missed flights. Global nomads insurance plans are typically comprehensive and annually renewable. These plans cover medical expenses anywhere you go in the world.
Reasons to consider digital nomad health insurance
While it may be a good idea to keep travel insurance as a digital nomad, acquiring global nomads insurance is a necessity. By the way, there are many important items that are not even covered by travel insurance. This is extremely important to take note of since most digital nomads are also small business owners. Here’s a list of a few issues you may encounter, that may not be included in your temporary travel insurance:
- Electronics or other items used for your business
- Left behind electronics or other items
- Electronic glitches or failures
- Fire or natural damage to travel gear
- Outdated gear relative to the policy
- No receipt
Keeping this in mind, it is a good idea to rethink how you insure yourself as a global digital nomad. The good news is that you have options. Some options include paying as you go, inexpensive travel medical plans, or comprehensive medical coverage.
Explore your options
Paying as you go is risky, to say the least. However, if you are fully confident in your ability to save for a rainy day or serious emergency while maintaining your current health and visiting your doctor annually, this may be your preference. Barring any serious injuries or illness, you may not have much to worry about if you are currently in excellent health. This may be an attractive option since paying as you go is a low-cost way to get healthcare while traveling. But, is it the best option?
If you’re looking for added protection and are not sure you’ll be able to pony up the dough in case of an emergency, basic travel coverage may be the way to go. These plans typically cover disastrous medical emergencies while leaving the minor medical issues to you to take care of. This may just be enough for you to be at peace while traveling the world. However, is this the best choice?
A long term digital nomad could benefit greatly from a comprehensive, international medical plan.
We offer several excellent options for Global Nomads:
- New American Health Insurance: This ACA compliant plan is specifically designed to provide you with a robust network of support while relocating to the USA. There are five plans available under this coverage.
- ORBE Healthcare Insurance Plan for Expatriates: This coverage provides a personal approach with exceptional benefits and features under two plans. Included in the two plans under this coverage are no waiting periods, preventative coverage, wellness, and mental health.
- International Student Health Insurance: Under this coverage, several plans are offered to provide wellness and security for your continued learning and growth while keeping expenses low.
- La Vie a l’Etranger Health Insurance for French Expats: This coverage designed specifically for French nationals provides uniquely designed medical plans for Caisse des Français de l’Etranger (CFE) members with an expansive support system and comprehensive protection.
However, the Pristine coverage is the perfect plan for short term digital nomads and is specially tailored to the unique needs of world travelers who take their small business everywhere they go. The comprehensive flexibility and low cost of international short term coverage for individuals and families will put you at ease.
With several deductible options that range from $500 to $5000, you have more control over your premium with access to diagnostic testing, and emergency evacuation and repatriation included. Pristine coverage keeps you moving.
Well Away provides ACA compliant coverage that satisfies US regulations and mandates. As a digital entrepreneur traveling the world, nomads health insurance is a must-have travel essential.
We are the experts at providing comprehensive medical coverage as well as peace of mind for our world traveling members.
Coming to America soon? Are you ready to get insured or do you still have questions? Give us a call today, and we can guide you to the plan that is the most appropriate for you.