Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
Modern Slavery Act 2015
WellAway Limited is a diverse international private medical insurance company, headquartered and operating in Bermuda but with extensive operations in the UK, US, Bermuda and Europe. We specialize in a wide variety of products and services in the global health insurance market. We are committed to ensuring there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business in the UK and overseas.
Prior to engaging with a new supplier and when reviewing our existing suppliers, we will consider the modern slavery and human trafficking risks and ask such suppliers to provide a copy of their modern slavery policy, if they have one, and to ensure that slavery and human trafficking does not take place in any part of their supply chains.
We have commenced training for all appropriate staff to ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking and how to increase transparency in our supply chains. The awareness of modern slavery issues for all staff in the organization will be raised by uploading information on our Intranet which will explain the basic principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, what they can do to flag up potential issues to the relevant parties in the organization and what external help is available.
We are also undertaking the following steps:
- Working to identify and assess any risk areas in our supply chains
- Reviewing our tender documentation to exclude any party from bidding if issues of non-compliance with our policies are discovered
- Reviewing our contractual terms for rights to terminate if issues of non-compliance are discovered
- Determining how we will measure the effectiveness in ensuring that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place
- Putting in place” check points” in the procurement and renewal process.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes the Group’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 December 2018. This statement will be reviewed by WellAway Limited’s management on an annual basis.
Griselle Chernys, CEO